Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekend
Catholic Engaged Encounter is an in-depth, private, personal, marriage preparation experience within the context of Catholic faith and values. The weekend is open to any engaged couple wanting to prepare for a deeper, more meaningful life together in a marriage recognized by the Catholic Church according to its Church law.
The weekend program is an investment in the future – a retreat experience in which an atmosphere is created that enables each couple to concentrate exclusively on one another while free of the pressures and interruptions of daily life. It is not a recreational retreat, rather a beautiful a program designed to give each couple an opportunity to discuss topics honestly with each other, in a face-to-face manner, their strengths and weaknesses, desires, ambitions, goals, attitudes about money, sex, family, spiritual values, and their role in society.
Though Catholic in origin, the Engaged Encounter Weekend is not limited to Catholic couples. The lessons generally call a man and a woman, as a couple, to strive for a sacramental way of life through the vocation of marriage. The weekend offers each couple insights and tools to enrich their relationship and strengthen their love for one another.
Take a look below to learn more about the weekend!
Catholic Engaged Encounter, San Diego is currently offering both virtual and in-person marriage preparation weekends. The weekend retreat content is exactly the same at each of our 2 locations and online.
*COVID Response: Carefully review all options before registering to find the weekend best suited for you.
- MISSION SAN LUIS REY OVERNIGHT – Masks will be required but we will not social distance. You will be assigned a roommate. $365
- MISSION SAN LUIS REY – 2 DAY COMMUTER – Masks will be required and we will practice social distancing. You will drive home Saturday night and return Sunday morning. $300
- ST. CHARLES RETREAT CENTER OVERNIGHT – Masks will be required but we will not social distance. You will be assigned a private room. $265
- ST. CHARLES RETREAT CENTER – 3 DAY COMMUTER – Masks will be required but we will not social distance. You will drive home at night and return Saturday and Sunday morning. $250
- ST. CHARLES PARISH HALL – 2 DAY COMMUTER – Masks will be required and we will practice social distancing. You will drive home Saturday night and return Sunday morning. $250
- ONLINE RETREAT – Will be completed from home virtually over 2 consecutive days via Zoom. $200
Cancellations, Refunds, & Schedule Changes
- Cancellations/refunds: $25 non-refundable fee
- Rescheduling at least ten days before the start of a weekend: no fees or penalties.
- Rescheduling/Cancelling less than ten days before a weekend or after a weekend has begun will result in forfeiting the entire fee for the weekend, due to financial commitments at our retreat facilities.